Cannes Wrap Up

My last morning in Cannes was spent with Daniel Kresmery of Raindance Budapest. we had a lengthy early Cannes petit dejeuner discussing some of the finer points of our new venture: Raindance Raw Talent. It's amazing how quickly you get a dozen quality projects together.

I arrived back in London last night to a glorious evening. I took Eurostar all the way back and the French weather was wet and murky until I got to Lilles. Suddenly I was in London's balmy weather. People were actually walking around in shorts and sitting outside at cafes - something I didn't see at all in Cannes!

Here's a great Half-Time Report: Cannes Film Festival 2012.

So, what did it mean for me?

The bottom line is that there is a golden opportunity for niche digital distribution. Getting films out there and monetised outside of the traditional Hollywood paradigm is what the next big digital opportunity is.

The question is: what business model, which trajectory/business plan and what time-line?

For me today, it's back to work in London!

Grrr.



1 comment:

  1. Great post.
    I agree niche is it.
    If you can keep your budget micro you have better chance at succeeding at self distribution. I was wondering what online channels give filmmakers the best deal on streaming.?

    ReplyDelete