3 Mistakes When Trying To Motivate a Micro Budget Film Crew


3 Mistakes When Trying To Motivate A Micro Budget Film Crew
Sometimes the criticism that I only teach filmmaking and don't actually do anything really stings. It's as if sifting through 4,000 festival submissions counts for naught. Or having 40% of the films we choose get snapped up for distribution. Anyway - enough of the moaning.

For the first time since 1997 I am about to embark on a micro-budget feature. I have made about 150 shorts since the last feature I produced in 2006 – but for this new one is really a back to basics 'home invasion movie'. I resisted another 'one room movie' for a long time because they are a dime a dozen. Having read and considered about 50 of these I have finally found one that will live up to the word "Raindance". More on that later - we are in the delicate casting process.

I was looking past my old notes and came up with some new ideas. Filmmakers trying to boost morale on no-budget shoots can easily destroy it altogether unless they avoid these 3 morale building mistakes:
Read: 3 Mistakes When Trying To Motivate a Micro Budget Film Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment