Actors On Acting

What do great actors have to say about their profession? Here is a list of 100 actors' quotes on acting.

"One of the pleasures of being an actor is quite simply taking a walk in someone else's shoes. And when I look at the roles I've played, I'm kind of amazed at all the wonderful adventures I've had and the different things I've learned."
-Willem Dafoe

"I know very little about acting. I'm just an incredibly gifted faker."
-Robert Downey, Jr.

"I don't know what its like for most actors, but really clearly for myself acting has always been the fulfillment of personal fantasies. It isn't just art, its about being a person I've always wanted to be, or being in a situation, or being a hero."
-Richard Dreyfuss

"I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will."
-Clint Eastwood

"Dysfunctional families have sired a number of pretty good actors."
-Gene Hackman

"I decided to become an actor because I was failing in school and I needed the credits."
-Dustin Hoffman

"I think all phases of one's career are serious if you take it seriously no matter if you are doing high profile dramatic pieces or not."
-Bill Murray

"Every time I get a script it's a matter of trying to know what I could do with it. I see colors, imagery. It has to have a smell. It's like falling in love. You can't give a reason why."
-Paul Newman

"I have a hard time with morals. All I know is what feels right, what's more important to me is being honest about who you are. Morals I get a little hung up on."
-Brad Pitt

See more

No comments:

Post a Comment